December 24, 2007

Funny Christmas Songs

I have been trying to make a list of Best Non-Religious Christmas Songs (as a companion to the Best Christmas Carols list of last week). Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to narrow it down. Luckily, I came up with a slight “cheat,” but putting all the funny/parody songs in a quick list of their own.


THE TOP TEN FUNNY CHRISTMAS SONGS




#10 It’s a Marshmallow World – All these years we thought my dad was making it up, but here is Dino and Frank with proof!



#9 All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth – If I had to spend much time with the kid, I think I’d break his other teeth, and possibly sew his mouth shut.




#8 The Night Santa Went Crazy
– God Bless Weird Al. (By the way, if you have trouble imagining Santa as a mass murderer, you might want to skip this one.)



#7 Santa and the Satellite
– Almost too weird to be believed, and not to be missed. Santa is mistaken for a UFO. Hilarity ensues. (If anyone can find it I'd be grateful)


#6 Christmas Time is Here (Chipmunk Song) – I so loathe the previews for the new movie that I sort of don’t want to put this on here, but then I found out they do a version of Wham’s “Last Christmas,” and it’s fantastic! Don’t believe me? Check it out. Now, all is forgiven.


#5 Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer – I never had one of those alcoholic Grandmas.



#4 (I’m Getting) Nuttin’ for Christmas – If only because it’s so freaking hard to sing! (In case you wondered, that’s a burglar singing with him on the third chorus. By the way, sorry for the Kingdom Hearts montage. It’s the only video I could find with the original version.)




#3 Twelve Gifts of Christmas
– I know some folks like the Mackenzie Brothers’ version, but it’s just too hokey. Allan Sherman’s on the other hand, is hilarious. I found this version, and while the sound isn’t awesome, he actually went out of his way to find the 12 gifts. The statue is the funniest one. IFI: when this song was written a “Japanese” transistor radio would be a crappy gift. Now it’s the only kind you’d buy.




#2 I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas – Ever since I saw the “House Hippos” PSA I have thought I could pull this off.

And the number one “Funny” Christmas Song is…..




#1 I Yust Go Nuts at Christmas – If you do nothing else today (and really, you have nothing to do), listen to this one. It’s hilarious. I yearn to say letters of the alphabet wrong too!

No comments:




RANK EVERYTHING - Copyright 2005 - 2018 by Hyperion All Rights Reserved; Adapted by the staff of Blog and Web