August 14, 2006

Words you Don't Want

I don’t remember how, but the conversation went to words that are hard to spell, and you don’t want ‘em. Eventually we made a top ten list. (Thanks to Kaida for the help.)


THE TOP TEN THINGS YOU PROBABLY CAN’T SPELL (AND DEFINITELY DON’T WANT)


Honorable Mention: Flaccid - Not all that difficult to spell, but men don’t want it, and women don’t want men to get it, or so I’m told.

#10 Tuberculosis – My friend Doc H. had TB; just horrible.

#9 Fibromyalgia – It sounds like you’re eating a lot of bran, but instead you’re just in pain.

#8 Syphilis – On the plus side, it’s sort of a fun word to say.

#7 Hydrophobia – That water’s a scary thing!

#6 Myocardial Infarction – Every time I hear this word is sounds like “Fart”

#5 Carcinoma – Doesn’t he host that late night show?


#4 Gonorrhea – Basically, anything that ends in “rrhea” is not good.


#3 Candidiasis – If you’re brave (and I mean BRAVE), here’s a picture of what it looks like. I urge not to look; it almost unmanned me. (And I ain’t ever baking bread if that’s what’s involved.)

#2 Anhedonia/Anorgasmia – I think I speak for everyone when I say you DEFINITELY don’t want this.

and the number one word you don't want....

#1 Chlamydia – I put this #1 not only because it’s hard to spell and you don’t want it, but because it’s such a beautiful word. Every time I think about it I get angry the word means something so vile. I say we come up with a new word for Chlamydia, and make the word “Chlamydia” mean something nice, like say that time of night when the sun has gone down and the sky is splashed with the most beautiful colors. Who’s with me?

No comments:




RANK EVERYTHING - Copyright 2005 - 2018 by Hyperion All Rights Reserved; Adapted by the staff of Blog and Web