December 8, 2005

Best of 1991 (from Koz)

Koz's Top 12 Hits of 1991

Back in 1991 I was a different person and my top 10 list would have been very different, plus some songs just don't stand the test of time. If I had done a top 10 list back then it would probably have included songs like these I Wanna Sex You Up (Color Me Badd), The Kissing Game (Hi-Five), Good Vibrations (Marky Mark), Round and Round (Tevin Campbell). Here is my current list (sorry I couldn't narrow it to 10):

12 Love of a Lifetime – Firehouse; I liked this song back then but lately I've been having nostalgic feelings for hair bands

11 Sensitivity - Ralph Tresvant; This dude can sing plus I like "Ralph's Rap" in the middle of the song

10 Signs – Tesla; Hair Band

9 Crazy – Seal; I don't remember Seal being popular in 91 but this is a great song

8 I'll give all my love to you - Keith Sweat; He's from the ATL, I am required to like his stuff

7 Tom’s Diner - DMA feat. Suzanne Vega; Didn't everyone like this song? It sucked to hear it early in the day because you'd be humming it all day long - da,da,da,da - da,da,da,da

6 Something to Believe In – Poison; Hair Band

5 Place in the World - Michael W. Smith; I grew to hate this song because they played it so much back then. I have a new found appreciation for one of the 1st Christian Contemporary artists to break into the mainstream.

4 Summertime - the artist formerly known as The Fresh Prince; I'm sure Hyperion will agree - this is possibly Will Smith's best song ever [Hyperion’s note: that’s a tough one. I smell a top ten list coming on]

3 Unbelievable – EMF; This song could be a hit if released today

2 Right Here, Right Now - Jesus Jones; As Hyp mentioned before I loved Jesus Jones

1 Losing My Religion – REM; One of the greatest bands of all time (until recently) with a song off of one of their best albums. Although, Shiny Happy People was also released this year and it occupies the bottom spot in my list.

Up next: Hyperion’s band names

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can you talk about 1991 without even mentioning the grunge explosion. Nirvana and Pearl Jam made both made it into the mainstream that year.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Elvis, glad someone else sees it but me.




RANK EVERYTHING - Copyright 2005 - 2018 by Hyperion All Rights Reserved; Adapted by the staff of Blog and Web