February 23, 2006

Little Known Facts about my Mother

Tomorrow is my mom's actual birthday, but she likes to say you celebrate a birthday week, not just one day, so I thought I'd get things rolling by revealing the ten most little-known facts about my mom:



#10 You know that Bon Jovi song Shot Through the Heart? She's playing rhythm guitar in the video.


#9 She and her three sisters were the original Marx Brothers.


#8 Mom once beat Gary Player in a Skins game in South Africa (though in fairness to Gary, she was playing from the Ladies' Tees).


#7 You know that 1 out of 5 Dentists who refuses to chew Trident? Brainwashed by my mother.


#6 Every time you hear "Girl from Ipanema" in an elevator? It's always her playing it.


#5 She once killed the president of Paraguay with a Spork.


#4 Mom invented the Internet.


#3 She owns 324 pianos, 503 giraffes, and 36, 412 snowmen. (But she always wants one more.)


#2 At night Mom dresses up in a patriotic leotard (with cape!) and thigh-high boots to fight crime.

and the number one little-known "fact" about my mom.....


#1 Along with Stephanie Powers and Mary Tyler Moore, one of the co-founders of the North American Academy of Ninjas. Yes, that's right: Mom's a Ninja, so watch your step when you hate on me.


up next: more of my mother

No comments:




RANK EVERYTHING - Copyright 2005 - 2018 by Hyperion All Rights Reserved; Adapted by the staff of Blog and Web