April 18, 2006

Best Salad Dressings

[I asked my sister to do Today's Top Ten List]

Best Salad Dressings

#10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 Ranch - "It's the only salad dressing I'll use. I've tried the others and they're disgusting. Ranch stands the test of time. Seriously: If you get one that works, why get another? Take Thousand Island. There's a thousand things can could go wrong. Have you seen Blue Cheese? Cheese is supposed to be white, orange or yellow. Do I really want to eat something that's moldy? Oh, and it needs to be Hidden Valley Ranch. That's the best Ranch ever."

6 comments:

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

You've got to be kidding me, where's the Italian dressing?!?!?!

Dragon said...

Honey, I make a mean Basil-Thyme Balsamic vinaigrette. One taste and you'll forget all about Ranch dressing.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Dragon,
You make me some of that and I'll forget about everything! Sounds great, what is your recipe??

Dragon said...

Here you go LJS.

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp minced fresh basil
1/2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3/4 cup olive oil (you may need more depending on how strong tasting your vinegar is)

In a small jar with a tight fitting lid, combine vinegar, basil, thyme, mustard, salt and pepper. Shake well. Add oil and shake vigorously until well combined.

Keep in the fridge for up to a week.

Enjoy!

Schrodinger's Kitten said...

Newmans Own Balsamic Vinagrette...second only to Ranch.

Give it a shot!

Tracy Lynn said...

I agree- especially since I'm a fan of the Ceasar dressing, creamy style.




RANK EVERYTHING - Copyright 2005 - 2018 by Hyperion All Rights Reserved; Adapted by the staff of Blog and Web