April 20, 2006

Monkey Barn Campfire Story Paintings (II)

Following up from yesterday, the top five paintings I almost used for the Monkey Barn Campfire story. These are so good I think I will use them for other stories. Oh, and by the way, no one commented on my opening sentences, so I assume you all a gree with my selections. I'm not getting enough credit for them. Oh well. {Click on the paintings for a larger image}





#5 Opening line of story: "Later, no one would be able to prove who started it, but Claire was always suspicious that the Marquis knew a helluva lot more than he was telling."



#4 Opening line: "This so wasn't going to end well."




#3 First line: "It wasn't that they weren't nice people. It was just that they....knew things."






#2 Opening: "June knew he was watching, but she hoped if she kept her eyes closed he might go away."

and the number one picture I almost used for the Monkey Barn Campfire Story....




#1 Opening: "It wasn't that she minded the work. Others had started that way, and they didn't call it the 'Casting Couch' for nothing. No, what bothered Julie is what her parents would say if they could see her now. Papa would get tense across the shoulders, look away, embarrassed. Mama would just call her a whore."

1 comment:

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Wow, I'm impressed that "Flaming June" made it so high on your list. I think that the platform go-go boots on Julie would have been fodder enough for half the story.




RANK EVERYTHING - Copyright 2005 - 2018 by Hyperion All Rights Reserved; Adapted by the staff of Blog and Web