July 24, 2006

ELESSAR'S SUMMER SONGS

[Elessar couldn't just send in a few summer songs, and had to do an entire list, so we obliged him and gave him his own day]

ELESSAR'S SUMMER SONGS

ok, buddy, you asked for them, here you go. I'll limit them to 10!

  1. Beach Boys--I Get Around
  2. Trashmen--Surfin' Bird
  3. Kirsty MacColl--10 weeks of Summer (think that's the name--doin' this on the fly...)
  4. Lovin' Spoonful--Summer In The City
  5. Blues Magoos--(We Ain't Got) Nothin' Yet
  6. Beach Boys--Surfer Girl
  7. Cowsills--The Rain, The Park, And Other Things
  8. Tori Amos--Smells Like Teen Spirit (yes, the Nirvana song)
  9. Ventures--Penetration
  10. Chantays--Piepline

but I have made several 46 minute mixes of summery songs, so I could carry on with ease. Just songs that make me think summer. like:


  1. Mungo Jerry--In The Summertime
  2. Bob Marley--Waiting In Vain (For Your Love)
  3. Eddie Cochran--Summertime Blues
  4. Madness_Night Boat To Cairo
  5. Janis Joplin--Summertime
  6. Jan & Dean_Popsicle
  7. Freddy Cannon--Palisades Park
  8. Christine Lavin--(All I have To Do Is) Dream/A Summer Song/Mr. Sandman
  9. Astrud Gilberto & Stan Getz--The Girl From Ipanema
  10. Frank Sinatra_Summer Wind

so..hey, it's HOT out there. and these songs feel right!
[don't make me name 50 more]

If you aren't satisified just suggesting some songs to me, go ahead and fill out your own list and send it in!

No comments:




RANK EVERYTHING - Copyright 2005 - 2018 by Hyperion All Rights Reserved; Adapted by the staff of Blog and Web