May 12, 2006

Best Numbers between 20 and 50

Due to computer malfunctions, I was suddenly left without a top ten list (and what a great one it was, too). At the last minute I came up with

THE TOP TEN WHOLE NUMBERS BETWEEN 20 AND 50


#10 41 - It's the new 40


#9 32 - For my Homey Magic Johnson. May Showtime live again one day.


#8 29 - For all those women who just refuse to turn 30. My mom was 29 for almost a decade (Einstein would have had something to say about that.


#7 30 - Next year, when I am 31, I suppose 30 will drop off the list, but my age will aways get mad props.


#6 43 - In honor of Buddy Ryan (and if any girl knows what that means, my friend Bear wants to propose to you)


#5 31 - If I can live 6 and a half more months, I'll toast ya, baby!


#4 47 - If for no other reason, they were my two hold cards in one of my two straight flushes.


#3 23 - Not only a great all around number, but a good TV volume stop, and of course Jordan


#2 21 - What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas

and the number one number between 20 and 50...


#1 37 Arguably the best prime number under 100 (you'll notice that every prime made the list, no doubt), but 37 is elevated to the top because of the movie CLERKS. I can't share it here (my mom reads this and I don't need her grief), but everyone who has seen CLERKS just went "Thirty Seven!" when they read that. (If you want an explanation, ask around for someone who's seen the film, or email me and I'll explain it to you.)

Up Next week: The best and worst Threequels, and #4 in our count down of the best movie years of the '90s.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Talk about LAME!

How could you possibly omit the most totally sweet number of them ALL?!?!....42!!!

It is, of course, the answer to Life, The Universe, and EVERYTHING!

Tracy Lynn said...

Oh, Hyperion, this is so very sad. I weep for you.

Ok, not really, but it IS pretty sad.




RANK EVERYTHING - Copyright 2005 - 2018 by Hyperion All Rights Reserved; Adapted by the staff of Blog and Web