May 24, 2006

Worst Threequels

In Honor of MI: III and the upcoming X-MEN 3, I wanted to take a look at threequels.

Today are the worst. Here is the rule: the original film had to be pretty good. (Who cares if there is a bad sequel of a bad film to start with?)


THE TOP TEN WORST THREEQUELS


#10 ALIEN 3 – Perhaps there was nowhere to go but down, but this far?


#9 JURASSIC PARK III – I actually liked LOST WORLD, but almost walked out of this.


#8 ALIEN vs. PREDATOR – I’ve never seen this, but Ajax vouches for the bad, and I’m putting it under the third Predator film


#7 SUPER MAN III – For Gene Hackman’s hair and Richard Pryor alone



#6 FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 3 – The first two were generally creepy. After that they lost me. (Also available in 3-D.)


#5 KARATE KID 3 – Not as bad as 4 (with Hillary Swank!), but pretty bad, and the gimmick at the end was basically yoga!



#4 HALLOWEEN 3 – I’ll make this simple: there was no Michael Myers


#3 JAWS III (IN 3-D!) - Schrödinger tells me she can’t see in 3-D. I envy her.


#2 AUSTIN POWERS GOLDMEMBER – Foxy Cleopatra sucked, Goldmember sucked, the car sucked and the brother thing sucked. I loathed this movie.

And the number on threequel of all time…..



#1 They never actually made this movie. It was a mistake. Those of you who think you’ve seen it, you haven’t. You know what I’m talking about, and let’s never speak of it again.


up next: best threequels

1 comment:

Tracy Lynn said...

I am right there with you on all of these. I generally try not to admit having seen them, so let's never speak of this again.




RANK EVERYTHING - Copyright 2005 - 2018 by Hyperion All Rights Reserved; Adapted by the staff of Blog and Web